Love to Write? Passionate about Travel?
Travel Freak is always looking for new guest writers to join our team and share experiences and tips in their unique voice. There is no strict commitment to posting as a guest — you can write one article or one hundred, and the topic is pretty much up to you so long as it pertains to travel.
What are the Benefits?
- Gain exposure for your work in a new, growing audience in the travel realm
- Receive a byline/author bio, giving you full credit for your post and a backlink to your own site
- Expand the reach of your writing via social media promotion on our end (you should do the same within your networks, giving even more coverage to your work)
What Kind of Content is Needed on Travel Freak?
If you feel you have a stories to tell based on your travel experiences, we want you to share them as part of our growing team! Our focus is to provide readers with travel inspiration and practical information that encourages them to get out and see the world. Whether this is done in a blog post recounting your personal travel experience or in articles about global destinations or travel tips, we want to hear your fresh perspective. For your reference, we generally have two types of posts on the site:
Articles on Travel Freak are the posts you see on a daily basis that fall into the categories of Planning a Trip, Destinations, Culture, Food & Restaurants, and Nightlife & Entertainment. Currently we focus an article per day on one of the categories, but with your help we could break out of that mold. Feel free to submit one of our “day of the week” posts or something completely different, as long as it falls into one of those five categories (they’re intentionally broad, so that part is pretty simple).
Want to write for Travel Freak?
Writing and Submission Guidelines
When developing your piece, think about what inspires you most about traveling. If your subject of choice leaves you full of wanderlust, chances are it will do the same for readers, and that is our ultimate goal. Most importantly, we want to hear your voice in any writing you contribute.
- At least 800 words is great for articles, but feel free to write as extensively as you please.
- Please PROOFREAD. Minor changes may be made to your piece for quality or clarity purposes. The integrity of your article will remain intact. Changing missed spelling errors or grammar issues is not meant to offend you, but improve the post.
- Attach images you want to include with your post with the appropriate attribution and credits included. People like to see what we’re talking about, so using at least one photo is encouraged.
- When including quotes, studies, facts, or stats, please include a SOURCE so the reader knows that this is valid information.
- Please send over your ideas and a link to your blog or attach samples of your work to get started as a guest writer for the website.