If you are on the search for the best waterproof backpacks to keep your gear dry on the move, there’s a big difference between the performance of high-quality products and those that cut corners. Many products that claim to be waterproof offer disappointing performance in the real world.
I’ve experienced the frustration of finding my gear soaked in my pack after a rainstorm. It’s not something I want to deal with again.
Whether you’re braving rainstorms on your bike commute or heading out on a packrafting trip, waterproof backpacks are an essential piece of travel gear. A backpack that can withstand adverse weather conditions, as well as general wear and tear, is an investment you will not regret.
Here are my picks for the best waterproof backpacks available.
- Best Overall Waterproof Backpack: Yeti Panga Backpack 28
- Best Waterproof Backpack for College: Rains Backpack
- Best Waterproof Laptop Backpack: Mission Workshop Rhake
- Best Packable Waterproof Backpack: Matador Freerain22 Packable Backpack
- Best Women’s Waterproof Backpack: Mammut Ducan Spine 28-35 Women’s Backpack
- Best Men’s Waterproof Backpack: Timbuk2 Robin Pack
- Best Lightweight Waterproof Backpack: Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack
- Best Commuter Waterproof Backpack: Showers Pass Transit Waterproof Backpack
- Best Waterproof Backpack for Hiking: Mountain Hardwear Scrambler Pack 25
- Best Waterproof Backpack for Work: Osprey Arcane Roll-Top
- Best Waterproof Dry Sack: Osprey UltraLight Dry Sack
- Best Waterproof Daypack: SealLine Urban Dry Daypack
- Best Waterproof Backpack for Fishing: SIMMS Dry Creek Z Backpack
- Best Waterproof Travel Backpack: The North Face Borealis Classic Backpack
- Best Small Waterproof Backpack: Fjallraven Ulvo 23 Daypack
1. YETI Panga Backpack 28: Best Overall Waterproof Backpack
YETI is well-known for a reason. Their gear doesn’t just work, it works for a lifetime. And this fantastic waterproof backpack is no different. It’s the ultimate fortress for all your gear. Combining the durability of the Panga duffels with a backpack design for comfortable carrying, the Panga Backpack is perfect for any adventure.
With its ultra-strong construction, the Panga Backpack is the ultimate pack for water sports. From rafting to kayak-packing, this bag is built to keep your gear dry.
Unlike many water-resistant backpacks on the market, this true dry bag backpack is designed with waterproof performance as the first priority. The U-Dock and Hydrolok Zipper ensures a completely airtight seal, keeping your belongings bone-dry, no matter the weather. The ThickSkin Shell, made from high-density nylon and thick TPU lamination ensures the bag is puncture and abrasion-resistant.
But, keep in mind that, like other YETI products, they come at a premium. This definitely the best waterproof bag on this list, but it’s not cheap!
- Ergonomic, durable DryHaul shoulder straps and removable hip belt ensure the backpack is stable and secure throughout your trek
- ThickSkin shell is able to resist punctures and abrasion
- HydroLok zipper is extremely effective at sealing out water, ensuring that your valuables remain dry at all times
- Internal sleeves and mesh pockets keep your valuables secure, dry and organized
- Only available in one color (Storm Gray)
- The bag is not the most lightweight option available
- The bag only comes in one size, which may be considered large by some
Yeti Panga Backpack 28 Specs:
|Dimensions||20 x 7 x 12.5 inches|
|Fabric||High density nylon/thermoplastic urethane lamination|
2. Rains Backpack: Best Waterproof Backpack for College
Rains is a modern lifestyle brand that merges conceptual design with streamlined functionality. Their signature rainwear uses a highly durable polyester fabric bonded to a waterproof polyurethane face, and their bags make use of the same material to offer impressive water resistance.
As a college student, you want a bag that can carry everything you need in style without weighing you down. The best options will be lightweight, simple designs that offer laptop storage and just enough room for a few books.
The Rains Backpack is a chic bag that gives you everything you need for cruising around campus. The waterproof construction is an added bonus for when you have to rush through downpours between classes.
One downside is that the shoulder straps are just made of thin webbing and don’t have any padding. If you’re carrying heavy loads around, this may become uncomfortable over time.
It definitely isn’t cut out for outdoor adventures, but on campus, the Rain Backpack is proof that the best waterproof backpacks don’t have to look like something meant for whitewater rafting.
- Stylish, minimal design
- Polyurethane layer won’t absorb water
- Quick access to main compartment
- Thin shoulder straps
- Small volume
Rains Backpack Specs:
3. Mission Workshop Rhake: Best Waterproof Laptop Backpack
Mission Workshop is a San Francisco that is dedicated to building the most durable and functional packs and gear on the market. They build products with bomber materials and construction and back them up with an impressive warranty.
If you commute or travel with a laptop, it’s essential to keep your device protected from impact or water. With other packs, I’ve resorted to stuffing my laptop inside a trash bag when things got wet. The Mission Workshop Rhake is made of fully water-resistant X-Pac material to keep your belongings dry in a downpour.
This durable daypack is heavy at over three pounds, but in return, you get a nearly indestructible pack that is very supportive with comfortable shoulder straps.
This is an expensive bag, but if you are looking for the most protective, durable, and feature-packed water-resistant daypack for carrying your laptop, you can’t go wrong with the Mission Workshop Rhake.
If you want some more options, check out my list of the best laptop backpacks.
- Extremely durable
- Tons of organization features
- Impressive warranty
- Great waterproof protection
- Very expensive
Mission Workshop Rhake Specs:
|Fabric||X-Pac laminate fabric|
4. Matador Freerain22: Best Packable Waterproof Backpack
The Freerain22 Waterproof Packable Backpack is part of Matador’s “Advanced Series”. This range of products is designed for the traveler who pushes further, hikes longer, and enjoys the unexpected. It is one of the lightest, most compact weatherproof backpacks around.
The Freerain22 is designed for quick and easy access in variable conditions. It is ultralight, water-resistant, and packs down to fit into your palm.
Thanks to its waterproof UHMWPE-reinforced Robic® nylon, sealed seams, and roll-top closure, this bag’s main compartment is completely waterproof. In addition to keeping your belongings safe, this bag offers plenty of storage, including side pockets to hold your water bottle.
The mesh shoulder straps aren’t padded, so it isn’t great for heavy loads. The adjustable sternum strap, and removable waist straps help improve carrying comfort and keep it secure on your back.
The Matador Freerain22 is a great choice for anyone who needs the best waterproof backpack that can pack into a compact package. It’s hard to believe it packs down so small!
- Waterproof UHMWPE-reinforced Robic® fabric with sealed seams and sealing zippers for optimal protection from all elements
- Adjustable sternum strap and removable waist straps
- Packs down small for travel
- 22L capacity doesn’t hold a ton, but there is a 28L version available as well
- Fabric could be stronger
Freerain22 Packable Backpack Specs:
|Dimensions||19.5” x 10.5” x 7”|
5. Mammut Ducan Spine 28-35 Women’s Backpack: Best Women’s Waterproof Backpack
The Mammut Ducan Spine is the perfect hiking backpack for women. The bag is specifically cut for the female frame. It features a suspension system with patented Active Spine Technology designed to support a natural gait.
This pack offers fantastic comfort and fit. The flexible, padded shoulder straps and hip belt conform to your body, and the elastic sternum strap helps you dial in the fit. The air suspension system allows for adequate ventilation, keeping your back sweat-free (at least, as much as possible after hours on the trail).
The Mammut Duncan Spine does a great job with weatherproofing. It uses a fully waterproof material, sealed seams, and a straightforward roll-top design to keep water out. One thing to watch out for is that the lightweight fabric is prone to wear, which would compromise the weatherproofing.
For women who struggle to find waterproof backpacks that fit just right, this lightweight pack may be the perfect solution.
- Lightweight and tailored specifically to the female anatomy, allowing for optimal comfort
- Roll top closure creates a tight seal
- Well-positioned pockets to allow easy access to your gear while walking or hiking.
- Waterproof rain cover included for added protection in case of downpours
- Only one size option available – may be too big for some
- Less durable than other waterproof bags
- Easy to lose water-resistant performance through wear and tear
- No front pocket
The Mammut Ducan Spine Backpack Specs:
|Dimensions||11 x 22.5 x 12.2 inches (Length x Width x Height)|
|Fabric||91% Polyamide, 9% Polyester|
6. Timbuk2 Robin Pack: Best Men’s Waterproof Backpack
Need a stylish, yet functional, everyday men’s backpack? Then the Timbuk2 Robin Pack is a great option. It’s hic, nimble and designed to withstand even the heaviest of downpours. Most of the best water-resistant backpacks look bulky and utilitarian, but this bag will keep your gear safe in style.
The Timbuk2 Robin Pack features a coated nylon pack body and removable rainfly. This adds an extra layer of weather-proofing in the worst downpours.
The magnetic closure is an awesome innovative feature for men on the go. It makes it super easy to access the inside of the bag.
I found myself wanting a bit more space with this bag, as the internal volume is quite limited. For a compact everyday bag, though, it does a great job.
- Adjustable magnetic chest strap keeps the bag secure and allows for an even weight distribution
- Incognito reflective panel illuminates when hit with direct light, allowing for improved visibility
- Includes a tuck-away rainfly for extra protection in case of downpours.
- Secure magnetic closure
- More organization pockets would be nice
- Only one size option available
- Not good as a hiking backpack
Timbuk2 Robin Pack Specs:
|Dimensions||10.83 x 5.31 x 19.69 inches|
|Fabric||940-denier Cordura nylon|
7. Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack: Best Lightweight Waterproof Backpack
Sea to Summit builds a wide range of high-quality, ultralight products for travel and outdoor adventures. the Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack is an incredibly light packable backpack that’s designed to keep your gear dry on the trail or while traveling.
This compact backpack is made from featherweight but tough 30D siliconized CORDURA fabric and has double-stitched, fully-taped seams. With the roll top enclosure that allows you to completely seal this bag, you can count on it to keep your gear dry in heavy downpours.
Most waterproof bags are bulky and heavy, so they aren’t great for backpacking or other activities where you need to carry your gear for a long time. This quality waterproof backpack is different, tipping the scales at a measly 3.9 oz.
To hit that incredible weight, Sea to Summit cut a few corners when it comes to comfort and features. There is no padding whatsoever, no hip belt, no chest strap, no outside pockets, and very little structure to distribute the weight.
I’m actually okay with this compromise because it was done for a reason. As long as you are using this bag for it’s intended purpose (as an ultralight secondary bag for short excursions), I don’t think you’ll be disappointed
Whether you’re backpacking and need a packable pack for side trips, or want an ultralight daypack for traveling, this waterproof backpack is the ultimate in lightweight water-resistant design.
- Packs down small
- Ultra lightweight design
- Comfortable for such a minimal pack
- No exterior pockets
- Not as durable as other waterproof backpacks
Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack Specs:
|Dimensions||XS (6 x 14”), S (7 x 16”), M (8 x 18”), L (9 x 20”), XL (10.5 x 23”)|
|Fabric||PU-coated 7-denier nylon (body), 40-denier nylon (base)|
8. Showers Pass Transit Waterproof Backpack: Best Commuter Waterproof Backpack
This tough, chaos-ready waterproof backpack is defined by its protective, durable design and is perfect for cyclists on their daily commutes. Safely store your lunch, books, and gadgets as you travel between destinations, be it home, work, or your local coffee shop. Regardless of your destination, the Transit Waterproof Backpack is sure to keep all your belongings secure and dry.
This waterproof, weather-resistant backpack, with its sturdy construction, provides optimal protection in all conditions.
This bag has smart features that make it optimal for bike commuting. The 4 LED beacon lights are also a unique addition that ensure you will be seen when riding at night.
This is a high-end water-resistant backpack, and you’ll pay a premium for it. You’ll have to decide whether the uncompromising quality is worth the cost for you.
- Ballistic nylon and waterproof coating protects against all elements
- Adjustable waist and chest straps allow for optimal stability and comfort
- Large compartments and multiple pockets to keep the contents organized and secure
- Includes 4 LED beacon lights, providing improved visibility at night
- Only available in one color (Gold/Black)
- Only available in one size which may be big to some
- Not very lightweight or compact
- Not great for outdoor activities
Showers Pass Transit Waterproof Backpack Specs:
|Dimensions||13.75 x 20 x 8 inches|
|Fabric||100% ballistic Nylon|
9. Mountain Hardwear Scrambler Pack 25: Best Waterproof Backpack for Hiking
Mountain Hardwear makes a wide range of high-performance, technical outdoor gear. They are one of the few mainstream brands that seems to be willing to follow the trends set by smaller “cottage” gear makers in terms of materials and construction.
I’ve been impressed with the design, build quality, and durability of every Mountain Hardwear product I’ve tried, and their waterproof backpacks are no exception.
The Mountain Hardwear Scrambler Pack 25 is a rugged outdoor backpack that encompasses all of the above. Its rugged, 4-layer X-Pac fabric provides optimal protection. No matter the weather, your bag and your belongings inside will be kept safe.
This hiking backpack is durable and light, making it a dependable pack for day hikers, trad climbers, and off-trail scramblers. I do wish this backpack came in a smaller size, as some trails require more mobility which a larger bag does not quite allow for.
- X-Pac fabric is durable and completely waterproof
- Dual-density shoulder straps and heavy-duty waist belt offer great support
- Lightweight framesheet transfers the load off your shoulders
- Only one color option available
- Only one size option available – may be big for some
- I wish there was a front pocket
Mountain Hardwear Scrambler Pack 25 Specs:
|Dimensions||21.3 x 11 x 6.3 inches|
|Fabric||57% nylon, 43% polyester|
10. Osprey Arcane Roll-Top: Best Waterproof Backpack for Work
If you’ve spent much time looking at the product recommendations on TravelFreak, you’ve probably noticed that there are a lot of Osprey backpacks. You’ll also see Osprey packs being used by hikers on trails all around the country.
This is no accident, Osprey makes some seriously capable packs, and they lead the industry in durability, functionality, and comfort-oriented designs.
The Osprey Arcane Roll-Top is a stylish, minimalist pack designed for urban travel while incorporating a lot of the same design elements as their hiking packs.
The overall design of the Osprey Arcane is simple, but extremely functional. It has a wide-opening roll-top access to the main compartment, an easy-access front pocket, a small external zipped pocket, and a padded laptop compartment on the inside.
This pack is made of a durable recycled polyester fabric with a waterproof coating and a DWR treatment that repells water without using environmentally harmful PFC compounds.
Be aware that while this pack will keep your gear dry in a rainstorm, it definitely isn’t meant for paddle sports. If you’re heading out on a raft or paddle board, you’ll want a full drybag.
The Osprey Arcane is a durable, water-resistant pack that will last years to come and minimize your impact on the planet.
- Eco-friendly materials and treatments
- Stylish design
- Fantastic comfort for everyday wear
- Solid build quality
- Less waterproof than other options
- Not great for outdoor activities
- Only one water bottle pocket
Osprey Arcane Roll-Top Specs:
11. Osprey UltraLight Dry Sack: Best Waterproof Dry Sack
Through relentless innovation, Osprey aims to ease your journey and inspire travel. One of the products through which the brand wishes to achieve this is the Osprey UltraLight Dry Sack. This compact, lightweight waterproof dry bag is designed for the best gear protection and organization without adding excess weight.
To keep your gear as safe and organized as possible, the bag features a roll-top closure and is made from durable, waterproof materials. It features a color-coded interior, making packing and accessing all the more simple.
So before placing your gear into your travel luggage, use the Ultralight Dry Sack as it allows you to pack more efficiently.
- Available in many sizes and colors
- Rectangular shape allows for efficient packing
- Highly durable as it is made from 40D Ripstop nylon
- Roll top ensures watertight seal
- Some users have reported leaking, however, this is rare
- Does not have its own strap and needs to be placed within another bag
Osprey Ultralight Dry Sack Specs:
|Dimensions||6L (11″ x 7″ x 4”)|
12L (16″ x 9″ x 5”)
20L (17″ x 10″ x 6”)
30L (20″ x 11″ x 6”)
|Fabric||40-denier ripstop nylon|
12. SealLine Urban Dry Daypack: Best Waterproof Daypack
SealLine’s waterproof dry bag products are made to protect your gear in all conditions. They build a range of impressive waterproof bags and packs for outdoor adventures, and the Urban Dry Daypack packs that same capability into a waterproof bag that’s optimized for everyday use while commuting or traveling.
In wet weather, a fully waterproof backpack can make the difference between a great day and a disaster. Unlike many packs that claim to be water, this waterproof dry bag backpack is clearly designed from the ground up with waterproof performance in mind. It has minimal seams for water to seep in, and the top-loading roll top design effectively seals this pack from the weather.
This is another great bag for getting around town on a bike. The narrow, burrito-style roll-top allows for improved over-the-shoulder sightlines while riding, and the shoulder strap design keeps the pack from shifting around as you pedal.
With no outside pockets or waist belt, this pack isn’t great for hiking, but it is a very capable daypack for commuting or travel in urban environments.
From a company that specializes in waterproof gear, the Urban Dry Daypack is a minimal, functional bag for keeping your belongings dry on the go.
- QuickClick flap closure creates an optimal watertight seal, keeping your gear safe and secure
- Waterproof materials and includes welded seams to ensure the inside of the bag remains bone-dry
- Light-colored interior allows for easy identification of contents within the bag
- Only available in a single size
- Not many handy options for separating items
- Not great for outdoor activities
- No mesh pocket for water bottles
SealLine Urban Dry Daypack Specs:
|Dimensions||21″ x 12″ x 7″ inches|
|Fabric||500-denier polyurethane-coated polyester/nylon|
13. SIMMS Dry Creek Z Backpack: Best Waterproof Backpack for Fishing
Simms truly believes in the joy of fishing and is committed to making everyone’s experience all the more worthwhile. Through their innovative products, the brand aims to lower the barriers between the world’s lakes, rivers and open waters, and those who hear their call.
The Simms Dry Creek Z Backpack is a rugged, water-resistant backpack and is perfect for anyone who enjoys fishing. Hard-to-reach fish require strategy and stamina. The Dry Creek Z easily endures the effort, tolerates heavy loads and keeps your gear, tools and layers safe and dry.
The Dry Creek Z Backpack is fully waterproof, net-friendly and provides quick access to all your gear. Whether you’re an experienced guide or a beginner taking your first cast, this bag is sure to have you covered.
- Tru Zip waterproof self-healing zipper offers 100% submersible protection in all conditions
- Roomy, water-resistant exterior pocket for quick access to key items
- Ample storage in main compartment
- Could have more features given its price
- Only available in one size – 35L
Simms Dry Creek Z Backpack Specs:
14. The North Face Borealis Classic Backpack: Best Waterproof Travel Backpack
Stash your gear and hit the road with this modern, rugged backpack by The North Face. The Borealis Classic Backpack is a 28-liter backpack offering updated features and an improved suspension system for all-day comfort.
This water resistant backpack is larger than many of the other options on this list, so it is great for longer trips. If you are a light packer, you can definitely get by with using this as your only bag while traveling.
To be clear, this backpack is definitely not submersible, but it offers enough water resistance to keep your belongings dry in an unexpected downpour.
It also packs in great versatility for trail-to-town use. The padded laptop sleeve can double as a hydration reservoir compartment. The well-padded shoulder straps and reinforced back panel make it comfortable and supportive enough for all-day hikes. The durable materials will take a beating whether your scrambling over boulders or tossing it into an airplane overhead bin.
- Highly comfortable, padded backpack with spine panel and PE sheet for extra back support
- Plenty of internal and external pockets to keep your belongings secure and organized
- Integrated, reflective bike light loop (bike light not included)
- Many color options available (Horizon Red, Sweet Lavender, Asphalt Grey, and more)
- The bag is top-heavy and does not have a flat bottom so it tends to fall over when set down
- Less stylish than other travel backpacks
The North Face Borealis Classic Backpack Specs:
|Dimensions||19″ x 13.5″ x 7.5″ inches|
|Fabric||420D nylon (body), 1680D ballistic nylon (boot)|
15. Fjallraven Ulvo 23 Daypack: Best Small Waterproof Backpack
The Fjallraven Ulvo 23 Daypack is a versatile, packable backpack, great for light treks, traveling, and everyday commuting. The bag’s innovative Fjallraven Bergshell fabric is made from 100% recycled nylon and is completely water-resistant. This way, you’re able to keep all your daily essentials safe and secure while you travel.
One of this waterproof daypack’s biggest draws is its sleek, minimalist design. I really love how this bag balances the minimal aesthetic with a function-first design.
With many hidden pockets and compartments, there’s no shortage of organization.
The backpack has lightly-padded shoulder straps with ventilating air mesh at the shoulders and bag for added comfort. For those who are always on-the-go, and do not want to sacrifice style for functionality, I definitely recommend checking this backpack out.
- Versatile daypack made from waterproof, durable and recycled Bergshell fabric
- 23-liter main storage compartment – can easily hold a 15” laptop and more
- Plenty of pockets to keep your gear organized
- Also works as a hiking backpack
- Raincover not included
- Only available in one size
- More stylish than most outdoor backpacks
Fjallraven Ulvo 23 Daypack Specs:
|Dimensions||17″ x 11″ x 4.9″ inches|
|Fabric||400D 100% Polyamide|
How to Choose a Waterproof Backpack
Not all waterproof backpacks are created equal. Here are some of the key factors to consider as you search for the best waterproof bag for your next adventure.
Waterproof vs Water-Resistant Backpack
It’s important to understand the difference between waterproof and water resistant. If a backpack is labeled as waterproof, it suggests that the bag will not let any water inside, even when submerged into a body of water. It goes beyond simply withstanding a rainstorm, and optimizes for more extreme conditions.
A water-resistant bag, on the other hand, will do a good job at keeping rain out, but it may leak over time, and you definitely wouldn’t want to drop it in a lake. Most of these bags are made of a coated nylon or polyester with a DWR treatment: an additional waterproof coating that prevents moisture from seeping through.
The best waterproof backpacks have certain features that ensure moisture is kept out. This includes waterproof fabrics, coated zippers, sealed seams, and more. A pack can be made of fully waterproof fabric, but without sealed or welded seams, coated zippers, and secure closures, water can still get inside.
The packs in this roundup vary in their level of waterproofness, from dry bag backpacks intended for rafting or fishing to highly water-resistant packs that will stay dry in a downpour but shouldn’t be submerged.
If you are going rafting, kayak packing, or fly fishing and need a pack that is 100%, no holds barred waterproof, you need to look for waterproof backpacks that are based on a dry bag design. This means you should look for features like a thick TPU outer coating, minimal outside pockets or stitching, fully welded seams, and a drybag sealing closure.
For more general use, you just need your bag to stay dry in the event of heavy rain and don’t need a full waterproof dry bag backpack. Most backpacks on the market offer some level of water resistance, but if you know you’ll be facing precipitation, you want a laminate material like X-Pac, coated waterproof zippers, and sealed seams.
Comfort and Fit
Great features and build quality don’t matter if a pack is uncomfortable or doesn’t fit right. In my opinion, fit is the most important thing to consider when shopping for waterproof backpacks.
For larger packs that will carry heavier weight, you’ll definitely want thickly padded shoulder straps, a padded waist belt, and some sort of frame to distribute some of the weight off your shoulders.
In a smaller, lightweight backpack, you can get away with less padding and structure, but you still want it to be comfortable. Features like sternum straps or removable waist belts can help improve the stability and carrying capability of a smaller bag.
I highly recommend trying a pack on before buying it. Pack comfort and fit is a very personal thing, and what works for someone else may not work for you. If you are shopping for waterproof backpacks online, buy from a retailer with a good return policy, and don’t be afraid of sending a pack back if it doesn’t fit quite right.
Even the best waterproof backpacks lose their function if you tear a seam or wear a hole through the fabric. While it’s nice to cut weight where possible, you definitely want a pack that will stand up to the abuse you throw at it.
Here are a few features to look for in a durable waterproof bag:
- Thick, high-denier fabrics
- Welded or sealed seams rather than taped seams
- Heavy-duty buckles and components
- Oversized coated zippers (YKK-branded zippers are widely considered the best in the business)
When shopping for waterproof backpacks, you want to make sure to choose one that’s the right size for your intended use. From lightweight daypacks for hiking or commuting to massive gear haulers for raft-packing trips, there is a massive range of sizes to choose from.
As a general rule of thumb, a good daypack will have 10-30L of internal capacity. For a travel bag, you’ll be looking in the 20-50L range. For backpacking or extended outdoor adventures, you’ll most likely want a bag above 40L.
Pockets and Organization
While one massive main compartment may be useful for some situations, many times you’ll want more backpack features like pockets and compartments to keep your gear organized and accessible.
I love having mesh pockets to hold water bottles on the outside of a pack. Exterior zippered pockets are also useful for keeping small items like keys, charging cords, and your phone easy to access.
Depending on the type of pack you’re looking for, you may also benefit from some interior organization. Some of the packs on this list that are meant for city use feature a padded laptop sleeve to keep your device secure and protected.
One thing to be aware of is that exterior pockets and seams create weak points in the waterproof protection of a pack and increase the likelihood of leaks.
Final Thoughts on the Best Waterproof Backpacks
With a waterproof backpack, you will be able to fully enjoy each and every adventure. With high-quality, durable materials, these backpacks will ensure your belongings stay safe and dry, for years to come.
Note that quality and durability often come with a higher price tag. For a high-quality waterproof bag, you can expect to pay up to as much as $300 or more. Luckily, there are several more cost-effective options on this list that still guarantee a great experience.
Before your next outdoor adventure, be sure to pick up one of the top waterproof backpacks from this list!
I hope that from this list you have found the right waterproof backpack to accompany you on your next adventure. If you’re interested in any other useful travel gear, check out the informative options below.